Process to ensure quality
BhashaBharati Arts, the pioneer in translation service for Indian Language has a job process that ensure quality at each stage from selection of translator to final delivery
- File Preparation & Assignment:
- The pm reviews sow
- Checks the source file and seeks clarificationselects appropriate native translator
- Agreement with translator on task fulfillmentand tat
- Seeks writer clarification on queries
- Job number created for po and hand over to project coordinator
- Translation& Term Base:
- Native translator is provided with glossary and terms sheet if any.
- He is provided with appropriate information or references.
- Translators have full access to specialized terminology
- A draft translation is completed
- For big projects, the submissions are on every 2 days basis.
- Review, Edit & QA:
(As translation is a human endeavor errors or stylistic differences may occur. An Editor follows the below checklist while review)
- Cultural Consideration
- Considering Audience
- Consistent Format
- Word Choice
- Target file reformatting:
- The Writer reviews the suggestions given by the Editor.
- Accepts or denies with comments on any corrections suggested
- The conflicts in suggestions are discussed by Project Coordinator, Translator and the editor and resolved.
- Copy is finalized and file is formatted.
- Desktop Publishing (DTP):
- The target file formatted and checked if they adhere to style guide.
- In-house DTP takes over for doing layout for each language referring to source PDF
- Suggestions made to improve layout
- Proof reading and final
- Desktop Publishing QA (DTP QA):
DTP QA for Mechanical errors before target files prep
Check list for reviewers
- Telephone numbers
- Postal codes
- Project instructions
- Font & font style
- Table of Contents
- Bullet order
- Project Manger’s Final QA:
- Project manager checks that all the process steps are followed properly.
- Has a final conversation with the translator.
- The final copy is delivered to the client.
Quality of translation just goes up a few notches higher, just because the project Manager is able to guide the translator with glossaries, client mandatories, and references. It is important to get details of Project Management team and satisfy on their ability to deliver high quality translation within stipulated deadline.